Agitation and Pain
Pain is oftentimes overlooked as a contributor to agitation. Symptoms can include mood lability, depression, delusions, psychosis, and paranoia. Behaviors can include poor self-care, inappropriate voiding, and poor social skills. Dr Landsverk will cover how these can best be treated and how medications as well as behavioral intervention can be of help.
About Your Presenter
Dr Liz is a triple board-certified Geriatrician, she’s served as assistant professor of medicine that UCSF, provides housecalls at ElderConsult in the SF Bay Area and online education, training, and telehealth at DrLizGeriatrics.com.
- Name common causes of agitation in dementia
- Identify behavioral techniques to use to address the causes of agitation without sedation
- Address medication effects
- Course material
- Competency test
- Certificate of completion
- 1 Professional CEU
- Course evaluation
About Dr Liz Geriatrics
For the last 20 years, our practice has provided premium geriatric assessments and consulting to other physicians. We’ve distilled our expertise into webinars providing professional training, CEUs and the skills to allow care of the most complex senior, with and without dementia.
This program is approved (or pending approval, as indicated) by the following professional organizations for ONE (1) CE:
- (NASW) National Association of Social Workers (Pending)
- (NACCM) National Academy of Certified Care Managers
- Public Guardians: Center for Guardianship Certification
- California Board of Nursing California
- Department of Social Services – RCFE Administrators (Pending)
- California Public Fiduciaries Bureau