We periodically receive requests for information on free or low cost transportation for Seniors in the Bay Area to help them get to appointments, go shopping or visit friends. We often recommend SilverRide in the Bay Area, and found other resources thanks to DailyCaring.com.
Below is a list of options by location. Click on the links to find out more about each program and schedule a ride.
If you’re not in the San Francisco, CA area, check out 3 Ways to Find Transportation for Seniors in the U.S.
• JFCS RIDES from Jewish Family and Children’s Services
San Mateo County
• San Mateo County Community Transportation
Santa Clara County
• City of Alameda Paratransit Shuttle
• Medical Return Trip Improvement Program (second item on page)
• East Bay Paratransit
Contra Costa County
• Senior Helpline Services
• Whistlestop Transportation Programs
Thank you to the DailyCaring Editorial Staff for finding all of these resources.